Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Sweet Night

I am playing still. I started out slowly. Lost 1/2$ for $20. Placed 3rd and lost a 5/1 tourney. I then went to fish heaven. I mean A high calling my flush. I took $10 and made it $80 at one point, then sunk it to $70 before I left. Not bad for a night of 1/2. I just could not lose. It was one of those nights where you play 7-2 as a joke, and win! Every single time! I am very happy with my 1/2$ strategy. I take $10 and play it as long as I can. If I go out, I might buy in again for another 10 at a different table. If I get to 40 bucks, I cap my loses back off at $30. I then increase the bottom level for every extra 10$ I win. It has been a good strategy so far. Anyway, I am in a $10 Tourney now. Figure I would blow some of my winnings. If I have a good night tomorrow, I am going to try some 2/4 or 3/6 for a few hands (same strategy, but with $20 or $30 instead of $10). I will keep you posted on the results.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder about this strategy. The problem with only sitting down with 5BB is that if you happen to get a good hand early you cannot pump it the way you should. What happens if you get AA? You can barely cap preflop and if the flop hits you're losing out on a lot of bets.

I can understand what you're trying to do, but in my (limited) experience I would do the other way: Buy in for more than the default. So at 1/2, instead of buying in for $50, buyin for $70. That way if you go on a little downturn you don't look at your balance and see $30, you'll see $50 instead and it's easier mentally to keep going.

Of course, it's up to you :) Just be aware that you are potentially shorting yourself if you get a big hand.

Chris H.

6:26 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I understand what your saying and agree. I think in the long run I would do better that way. As a matter of fact I think that I need to be able to play that way before I even think of moving up at all.

However, I am trying to minimize my loses from a mental standpoint (Only have $350 available), and betting only the amount I might put in for a tourney helps alot. It also keeps me playing tight at the beginning, until I get somewhat of a bankroll running.

Anyway, it is working for now. At least the short term results are good. A couple of days and $100 richer. I think (because of your advice) when I get to $500 instead of going up a level, I will start playing $50-$70 instead of $10, and try and stay in longer, and ride the good hands to monster pots more often.

7:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home