Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Nice Little Pickup Game

Not too much to report. The 1/2 fishies are still very fishie. I played very aggressively on the first game, and lost my initial $40. I then played a tiny bit less aggressive, which probably fits my style better, and won $95. So I ended up about $30, just peeking over $700. I also won 3rd place in a tourney. Could have won 2nd, but me and the 2nd place guy both went all in against 1st place, and lost. Oh well. I was happy to have played well enough to get to the end. My tourney game as been kinda weak lately, and I wanted to improve on it.

I played "The Hammer" tonight, just for the hell of it. Hit a straight on the river. Was slow playing my crap hand so I only made $5, but Go Hammer! I remember playing it because, it was .50, and hey, it's "THE HAMMER". ACEYOU22 is the jackass that is dissing my play. Here is the hand. Oh wait, I had nothing. Guess the Hammer scared people away. The river must have been another hand. Oh well, I told you they folded when I had a flush on the board:

***** Hand History for Game 770156413 *****1/2 TexasHT
GameTable (Limit)  - Tue Jul 20 23:55:20 EDT 2004Table Table  12704
(6 max)
(Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: metsfanmo ( $34.75)
Seat 2: sheldon47 ( $61.75)
Seat 3: jsmcgruver ( $62.50)
Seat 4: SirFWALGMan ( $80.98)
Seat 5: reddogrs ( $6.50)
Seat 6: ACEYOU22 ( $11.75)
SirFWALGMan  posts small blind (0.50)
reddogrs  posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [ 2h, 7s ]
ACEYOU22 folds.
acemetsfanmo folds.
sheldon47 folds.
jsmcgruver calls (1)
SirFWALGMan calls (0.50)
SirFWALGMan: thanksreddogrs
checks.** Dealing Flop ** :  [ 4s, 3c, 9s ]
SirFWALGMan: thanks for letting me check to the river too, heh.
SirFWALGMan checks.
reddogrs checks.
jsmcgruver checks.
** Dealing Turn ** :  [ Ts ]
SirFWALGMan bets (2)
reddogrs folds.
jsmcgruver folds.
** Summary **Main Pot: $5 Rake: $0Board: [ 4s 3c 9s Ts  ]
metsfanmo balance $34.75, didn't bet (folded)
sheldon47 balance $61.75, didn't bet (folded)
jsmcgruver balance $61.50, lost $1 (folded)
SirFWALGMan balance $82.98, bet $3, collected $5, net +$2
reddogrs balance $5.50, lost $1 (folded)
ACEYOU22 balance $11.75, didn't bet (folded)

I played a guy on Empire. He was calling me an XXXXXXX because I went in on 7-5 suited and caught a straight on the flop. In 6 handed play, I am in for almost any flush draw. I should be raising, but I am too passive for that. If I make 4 to my flush, then I am calling/raising to the river if I have 2-3 people in. This has made me some HUGE pots.  It got so that people knew I played any flush, and if they saw a flush possability they would immediatly fold to any bet I made. It was nice. Anyway, I kind of get pissed off when people tell me that I am playing badly. I know it should not bother me, but I like the way I play. Hell, I was up $95 for the night, I must have been doing something right! I recently have read alot about being aggresive on draw hands when there are enough people in to make pot odds. Maybe this is an advanced concept for the people I play with? Why can they not understand this? Well.. more money for me.

One other thing about this guy, he said that I make poker less fun for other people. HELLO! I hope I do make it less fun. I hope I kick you butt so bad you go home crying to mommy. Jackass. Like it is my job to play badly like him so that he will have "Fun" playing. Jesus!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home