Friday, July 16, 2004

Mild-Stone

Well,
 
My first Milestone happened last night. I finally cashed out some earnings. I was going to cash out $50 at $500, but then decided to wait until $600 because $500 seemed to take a while.. and then I said, well, lets wait till $650 so I can stay over $600. So here I am.. Fifty in the bank, and $605 or so online.
 
I was on a little bender last night. I do not think it was exactly a tilt, because I would play well, make some money, go somewhere else for some fun, and lose it, then make some more.. I was determined to break even I think! So after several hours I end up $5. Yay BB per hour!
 
High points of the night:
 
Flopped qaud 3's. Played them to the river. Then got someone to cap betting against me on the river, when he made his straight or flush or something. It rocks to flop quads. I have no problem slow playing them. The one time this does not work and I get beat by higher quads is ok with me.
 
Tried some $25 NL. I was up $25 at my 1/2 table, and figured what the hell. I found it to be rather boring at times. I mean the pots were .50/1 usually. I won a couple all in's, folded a straight because someone put me all in with 2 pair!! Then went all in with a lower two pair than someone else. Pretty much played poorly, but it was fun to try it. I may give it another shot at sometime. I was given the advice to wait .. wait .. wait .. until I have the NUTS and then always go all in, and some dummy would double me up. Guess I got bored waiting.
 
Took $50 to the 5/10 table after I won it at 1/2. The 1/2 tables were good tonight. Lost the $50 quickly when my straight was beaten by a larger straight. One hole I see in my game is getting suckered in when I *think* I have the NUTS, and some just keeps raising me. I need to slow down and think about what I am doing.
 
Took $100 to the 5/10 tables a few times. At one point in time I had my bankroll up to $700 and proceeded to pee it away! Like I said, I was determined to break even last night. I really should not be playing 5/10. I think I have the skill for Empire 5/10 fishies (I am slightly less fishy I think), but I really do not have the bankroll to sustain a few loses at that level. Once I get to like $2000 I will probably mostly play 5/10. At this rate that should be in about another month.
 
Took $10 to a tourney game. I went out on my first hand. I had A-10s, and two callers went all in. So I said wtf! That buys me a finish. So I see there cards. It is like KJo, and 55 against me. Not bad! Could I get a freaking Ace to help me? No. Is it just me or do other people always lose money with the premium hands? I cannot tell you how many times I have lost with Big Slick Suited.
 
I find my game is better at 5/10. At least for now. Here is why. I think I play better when I am at least a little scared. I tend to be more patient, wait for more cards, etc.. That is why I think at 1/2 I did well with a $10 stake. Once I get some money under my belt, then I get dangerous. Start seeing flops with K6o, A3o, hey, the last guy won with A high!! Why can't I! I think I have become used to 1/2, so 5/10 is the next logical step once the bankroll is up. I have had probably 15 sessions of 5/10 and would say that 10 of them were positive, and 5 negative. I am probably up 200-300 bucks in 5/10.  Hey, I finally found a reason to buy Poker Tracker! I need to know these stats a little better. Remember "Bankroll is not a good measure of how you are doing". Maybe I will buy that puppy now that I am playing more ring games.
 
Guiness and Poker had a picture of a couple of nerd playing poker. One of the nerds (I will call him Big Boned Blue Shirt Guy) looks like a buddy I knew a few years back. It is really funny. His name was Ron D. I wonder if it was him? I could imagine him doing this. We were big computer geeks in school, and played endless computer games, etc.. The next logical move is to Online Poker! Anyway, that would be really funny.. Ron, if your out there, drop me a line! heh.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home