Sunday, July 04, 2004

Inconsistant

Well, another bad night. Lost about $20. Back down to $238. I played a tourney where I was the large stack. $3000 to everyone else being $600-$1000. I promptly blew this and went out like 5th. I was trying to add some aggresiveness to my game, but I think I chased a few things too far. I also kept getting raised all in when doing a larger than normal bet by the guy after me. This was aggrevating. I did not want to go $800 against him, and become short stacked, but I had some hands where I probably should have taken the chance. This is gambling, is it not?

I played some 1/2$ ring stuff too. I see why the ring play pays off more, and also can lose more. I find the hardest thing to do is to keep waiting for premium hands. I see sooo many people all in until the end, and taking the pot, with Ace high, and other assorted crap, when straights and flushes are on the board that I start playing down to my competition, and get nailed when someone does have the nuts. If I play my game I think I can do well in ring games. I look forward to when I have enough bank to play 5/10$ regualarly, because at least on Empire, the level of play still sucks.

My biggest weakness lately I think is chasing junk and thinking it is good. Pair of aces to the river, with people calling every bet. One pair does not make a great hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home