Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Idiots Abound

Someone tonight was trying to tell me that my flush call was bad tonight. I made the flush on the river. I could have been beat by 2 cards, AQ of Spades if that made a flush. The pot was $25 which is 12xBB. So I had 12xBB vs 4-1 odds to make my flush. I can see how someone would think this was a bad bet. It is most definatly not. The reason for this -- over the LONG run I am going to make my flush 1 of 4 times. So, if I am making 12 times by bet for the flush, I am going to be up over the long run. It is very important in limit Hold Em to see what the pot odds are. If you do not understand this then you should not play. I hate when people try to give me bad advice. Anyway, I ended up another $30 on 1/2$. I was up 47$ at one point. Probably should have left, but I was kinda pissed at mister advice.. so I decided to give him 17 bucks back. Good call. Oh well. I am still learning to curb my emotions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home